Thursday, October 4, 2007

heima er best...



Hi

I just got back to my apartment a while ago. Decided that before I left Iceland I needed to visit the local pool and sit in the hot tub one last time.

I fly to London tomorrow morning, spend 24 hours there, and then catch a flight to Toronto... where I will meet my brother (so cool) who is coming to visit me in the lesser London for a few days.

I am not so excited to leave iceland. Had a great time here and learned a lot. My Icelandic is still rough, but a heck of a lot better than when I came. Seems very odd to think that tomorrow I will be in an English-speaking environment again...

I had a fantastic time visiting relatives in the south-east of Iceland earlier this week. MANY THANKS to my relatives there for having me for a wonderful few days. It was really nice to visit again. I hope I get to see them all again soon.

Time for bed. Here are a couple photos from this week - with Asta Sol (program coordinator for Snorri.is) and with some other Snorri participants from various years.

Við sjáumst!

No comments: